Welcome!!!

This blog is a collection of memoirs of one mom's journey through the foster care system into adoption and beyond.

Thanks for checking out this site. I encourage you to become a "follower" or "subscribe" to this blog down at the right hand side of the main page, or "subscribe by email" at the very bottom. Please comment and join in the discussion often.

The goals of this site are:
- To promote awareness
- To offer encouragement
- To keep prayer warriors updated
- To support one another
- To discuss and vent =D

If you choose to comment (and I hope you do), please refrain from mentioning the actual names of the children if you know us personally. Enjoy Fosteradoptmommy!!!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Memoir #48 Beauty from Ashes

I was dreading the third weekend in March because that was when my daughter Faith would have been born if she had survived.  My husband was out of town and on that Thursday, I was sitting at my desk at work nearly in tears just thinking about everything that had happened over these last few months.

Then…the call came in.  I had just said to my husband a week earlier…man, we haven’t gotten a single call from the agency about foster children or adoptive children…but then it happened.
Immediately I was pulled out of my sorrow and overwhelmed with joy.  The perfect duo of boys for our family and they needed us ASAP.  Now if you’ve ever considered being a foster or foster-adopt parent…these calls come in at the most inopportune times and they need an answer fairly quickly on whether or not you want to take the placement.

As I am contemplating with the little bit of information we had…I look down at the clock and realize that it’s like 6am in Colorado where my husband is and I probably can’t call him up just yet.  Luckily the worker was ok with giving me a little more time and the rest is history, or definitely another few memoirs of course =)
I just wanted to update everyone who follows this blog to let them know that the following Tuesday evening we welcomed a 6 year old and a 15 month old into our home which I will refer to here as James and Ace. 

The Lord really works to make beauty from ashes.
To be continued…


Isaiah 61:1-2 paraphrased
The Year of the LORD’s Favor
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has called me
to preach good news to the poor.


He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,  and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to make beauty of ashes,
gladness, instead of mourning,
praise, instead of despair.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see your update!! What fun you must be having getting the boys settled. I've found it takes me about 6 weeks to feel comfortable in a new routine. Prayers for you all as you adjust to each other. I can't wait to see your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted you to know that I read your whole blog from start to finish in one afternoon, I couldnt step away from my computer! Your amazing but I remember that from when we were little. ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, I sometimes have wondered if anybody really reads my posts or not but it is theraputic for me to write so as long as I can find a free second here and there I plan to keep it up. Thanks for the kind words! Rachel

      Delete