Welcome!!!

This blog is a collection of memoirs of one mom's journey through the foster care system into adoption and beyond.

Thanks for checking out this site. I encourage you to become a "follower" or "subscribe" to this blog down at the right hand side of the main page, or "subscribe by email" at the very bottom. Please comment and join in the discussion often.

The goals of this site are:
- To promote awareness
- To offer encouragement
- To keep prayer warriors updated
- To support one another
- To discuss and vent =D

If you choose to comment (and I hope you do), please refrain from mentioning the actual names of the children if you know us personally. Enjoy Fosteradoptmommy!!!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Memoir #29 "My quiver is full"

When I woke up this morning I grabbed my bible and I turned to the subject guide in the back to find a passage having to do with motherhood.   I guess I was feeling particularly “motherly” on Mother’s day =D
It’s true the bible is the bible regardless…but the one I have happens to be 14 years old and its subject guide is just not the best.  Under the heading Mother, there were 5 passages listed.  I decided to head to the book of Psalms and although not very “motherly”, here is the jewel that I found:
Psalm 127 – by Solomon
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
It's useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone.  Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?
Children are a heritage from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior, are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Your enemies don’t stand a chance against you; you’ll sweep them right off your doorstep!




 
I pray that your quiver may be full and you may be richly blessed…Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment