Welcome!!!

This blog is a collection of memoirs of one mom's journey through the foster care system into adoption and beyond.

Thanks for checking out this site. I encourage you to become a "follower" or "subscribe" to this blog down at the right hand side of the main page, or "subscribe by email" at the very bottom. Please comment and join in the discussion often.

The goals of this site are:
- To promote awareness
- To offer encouragement
- To keep prayer warriors updated
- To support one another
- To discuss and vent =D

If you choose to comment (and I hope you do), please refrain from mentioning the actual names of the children if you know us personally. Enjoy Fosteradoptmommy!!!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Memoir # 18 "the never-ending battle"

I think my new title for this blog should be "From a broken home, to a broken system, to a beautiful future...maybe" because that pretty much sums up my experience over the last year.  In 8 days, it will be my 1 year anniversary of entering this crazy world of foster/adoption and it seems like it's been more like 10!

So today I am going to vent about the never-ending battle that I am fighting within a broken system = (
The problems with the system are so unjust and they prejudice me significantly; but what really hurts is that they end up causing harm to the children stuck there!

Today we will talk about one "battle" [unfortunately I have been in about 5 with different parts of the government etc. but those will be for another day!]

Since September, the Department of Human Services (DHS) of KENT COUNTY, MI has been a monster to try to deal with in regards to Child Day Care benefits (CDC)...wow...I really want to scream at the top of my lungs right now because I do not think I have been blown-off, ignored, told incorrect information, waited patiently for a repsonse that never comes, been disappointed (and the list goes on) so much with one organization in my life!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I am not exaggerating...I think one would have better luck communicating with a collector from a credit card company that just started a week ago then working with these people!!!

And I understand all the excuses...trust me, I have heard them all..."...these people are paid pennies to do their jobs...just imagine the type of people they have to deal with on a daily basis who are trying to get as much money as they can in cash assistance etc...the system is broken and it is so costly and overwhelming to fix it that this is just the way it is..."

Well, it isn't good enough!

It isn't good enough for all these kids, it isn't good enough for all the foster parents, it isn't good enough for the adoptive parents, it isn't good enough for those who take in refugees, it isn't good enough for the family members, it isn't good enough for the workers themselves...it isn't good enough!!!

Now that I have vented and I regroup, I need to answer this question ---> How on earth do we fix it???

I am one of those people who love politics but not the rhetoric and propaganda...what are you Mr. Senator, going to actually do...meaning, what policy/programs are you going to implement to actually accomplish what you are saying in your blanket dialogue??? Hmm...good question and a great question proposed above.  I wish I had the answer but I don't right now.  If you have any ideas please comment.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask, or imagine!!!!!!! Ephesians 3:20

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment