Welcome!!!

This blog is a collection of memoirs of one mom's journey through the foster care system into adoption and beyond.

Thanks for checking out this site. I encourage you to become a "follower" or "subscribe" to this blog down at the right hand side of the main page, or "subscribe by email" at the very bottom. Please comment and join in the discussion often.

The goals of this site are:
- To promote awareness
- To offer encouragement
- To keep prayer warriors updated
- To support one another
- To discuss and vent =D

If you choose to comment (and I hope you do), please refrain from mentioning the actual names of the children if you know us personally. Enjoy Fosteradoptmommy!!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Memoir #1 - February 8, 2011 "Kate McRae"

Today I stumbled upon this website -> prayforkate.com and I found myself sobbing uncontrollably. This beautiful little 5-year-old girl (and her family's) world was turned up-side-down in an instant, when a massive and agressive cancerous tumor was discovered on the leftside of her brain.  Although somewhat "untreatable" because of the location, Kate was doing so well after undergoing chemotherapy, surgery, and other experimental treatments....then CRASH!!!  This week, an MRI revealed spots on the otherside of Kate's brain.  Why????  I'll just throw it out there....why God we all ask?  "I know the plans I have for you!" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and NOT to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11  With this comfort we still struggle with trying to understand just what God's plan is and just how he is going to use this pain for his glorly...but he is!  Please join me in praying for little Kate and for her family. 

Ever since I became a fostermommy, I have contemplated starting a blog or some type of a website where I could share my experiences, both the struggles and the joys, and both give and receive support, guidance, and most of all turn to God and I have put it off frankly.  Thank you Kate...today you inspired me to do this and so here it is...fosteradoptmommy.blogspot.com  May God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment