Welcome!!!

This blog is a collection of memoirs of one mom's journey through the foster care system into adoption and beyond.

Thanks for checking out this site. I encourage you to become a "follower" or "subscribe" to this blog down at the right hand side of the main page, or "subscribe by email" at the very bottom. Please comment and join in the discussion often.

The goals of this site are:
- To promote awareness
- To offer encouragement
- To keep prayer warriors updated
- To support one another
- To discuss and vent =D

If you choose to comment (and I hope you do), please refrain from mentioning the actual names of the children if you know us personally. Enjoy Fosteradoptmommy!!!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Memoir #59 Why I foster


So we have been providing respite care for our foster boys every so often when the family they live with needs a break and this past weekend was the first time we had them back in our home since our baby was born.  It was also the first time that we have had 4 kids in the house….7, 5, 2 and 4 months.  Wow that was crazy!
I concede it was so difficult to get 4 little ones bathed and loaded into the car but it was so worth it because the laughter soared to the rafters of the house this past weekend.

Really none of us wanted it to end… it was incredible.
Why foster?

I remember why we do this when my 5 year old puts her prized possessions – a pillow pet and a build-bear she sleeps with - on each boys’ pillows before they arrive,  showing such love. What a lesson she is learning. 
And I remember why we do this when the second they get to our house, the 2 year old runs into my arms and nuzzles his head into mine and proudly proclaims Mommy!
And I remember why we do this when the 7 year old sits and tells me about Jesus’ love for us when he died on the cross after church on Sunday.
Then I remember why I foster.

"All I know is that I am not home yet, this is not where I belong...take this world and give me Jesus, this is not where I belong..." Building 429
 

No comments:

Post a Comment