Welcome!!!

This blog is a collection of memoirs of one mom's journey through the foster care system into adoption and beyond.

Thanks for checking out this site. I encourage you to become a "follower" or "subscribe" to this blog down at the right hand side of the main page, or "subscribe by email" at the very bottom. Please comment and join in the discussion often.

The goals of this site are:
- To promote awareness
- To offer encouragement
- To keep prayer warriors updated
- To support one another
- To discuss and vent =D

If you choose to comment (and I hope you do), please refrain from mentioning the actual names of the children if you know us personally. Enjoy Fosteradoptmommy!!!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Memoir #52 Baby boy with no name


Memoir #52  Baby boy with no name

This is the true description given to me of the relative of our boys who we are going to meet very soon.  Please pray for this angel…though I am certain he is safely wrapped in the arms of Jesus.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He was only 4 pounds full term…

He came into this world in panic and in pain…

He was screaming, shaking and vomiting for days…

His mom refused to see or hold him.

HIS MOM REFUSED TO SEE OR HOLD HIM.

She wouldn’t even name him for the first 3 weeks.

He is 6 weeks old…nearly 6 pounds now today.

He has tremors…tremors…TREMORS…TREMORS!!!

This baby boy with no name…was born on meth.

I wonder if the angels are weeping for him like we do…

Do they too cry out to God…asking why, why, why Father…how can this be?

No one deserves to start life like this. No one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16


1 comment:

  1. I pray for this child. I'm not sure what type of meth you are referring (methamphetamine or methadone), but we too have a baby in our home who was born addicted to methadone ( a prescription drug designed for those fighting heroin addiction). We brought her home straight from the hospital at 17 days old.It was the last day of her withdrawals. She was born a week early and weighed 5 pounds. She could just about fit in the palm of our hands. She too had tremors, but they lasted only til she was about 3 months old. She is now 1 week shy of 5 months old and is a complete doll baby! Chubby and healthy and happy! We are not sure what is going to happen with her birth family, but are praying fervently that God puts her/keeps her in the safest place for her. We would love to be her forever family. You can read about our journey with her at www.fosteradoptionmommy.blogspot.com Blessings to you my fellow foster angel!

    ReplyDelete